1 Hour Riding Lesson
The 1 Hour Riding Lesson puts you in the saddle a solid 45 minutes fully immersed with your horse or pony. Plus additional 30 minutes time to groom and tack up your horse or pony.
Most lessons are private one-on-one with Jan Brubacher as your instructor. Semi-private lessons are held based on riders’ skill level. As you gain skill, experience and independence, you will qualify for practice rides or leasing your favorite horse.
You will be paired with a mount that matches your skill level, height and weight. The horses will carry no more that 210 lbs. of rider weight. All riders must complete and submit online this Rider Release form.
Spring, summer, fall you will ride in the safety of the well-drained, sand-clay outdoor riding arena complete with outdoor lights for evening rides. During the winter you will ride at the indoor arena for an additional $10 rental fee. If weather is not inviting, lessons are rescheduled at no additional charge.
An assistant handler is recommended for beginner or anxious students needing additional support from start to finish. This knowledgeable, patient person provides that extra pair of hands for all the detail work from tacking up, mounting up, the lesson and finish.
Once your ride is completed, you again have extra time to untack your horse, clean & store the riding equipment. There is always time to give your mount a relaxing spray bath with hot or cold water.
Your family or friends will enjoy watching you ride from the elevated observation deck.
How to Schedule Your Ride
- Check Horse Activity Calendar to find OPEN times that correspond with your availability.
- Contact Courtney, Coordinator of Horses, complete and submit the online form. Note your preferred dates and times in the comments field.
- Complete and submit online Rider Release form.
- Complete your horseback ride payment.
- Thank you for patiently waiting (24-48 hrs) for Courtney to confirm your ride date, time and payment.
Payment and Bank Fees
You have several ways to pay for your horseback ride:
- Direct payment from your bank to North Road Farm using Zelle or Venmo. Use North Road Farm bank phone #603-303-1584 to Jan Brubacher.
- Pay cash via mail or in person.
- Credit card will add an additional transaction fee to your order.
Submit your review