The Assistant Handler is dedicated to keep you safe and happy! Are you:
- First time riding a horse?
- Anxious, nervous, worried, reluctant?
- Brand new to horses?
- A child or beginner adult?
Your Assistant Handler person is feet-on-the-ground and hands-on-the-horse dedicated to you for the entire time. Your person will:
- Halter and lead your horse to the barn. Secure your horse on the cross-ties in preparation for grooming and tacking-up for your lesson.
- Show how to safely treat your horse with a carrot or apple.
- Help groom your horse including picking the hooves, brushing the body, combing the mane and tail including fun braids if so desired, applying mane & tail conditioner, fly spray.
- Clean up manure if your horse poops.
- Choose your riding equipment: saddle, saddle pad, girth, bridle, neck strap, ear bonnet and then adjust gear to fit you.
- Snug the girth and bridle your horse.
- Lead your horse to the arena, help you mount up, check your stirrup length and snug the girth again.
- Walk – guide your horse from the ground while and provide lesson support to ensure your confidence and safety.
- Help you untack your horse and bathe if necessary, clean and store your equipment and tidy your grooming area.