DescriptionYouth 4-H Riding Classes emphasize the foundation of horseback riding covered in the Two Hour Introduction to Riding lesson. Jan Brubacher is the instructor along with other assistants. This horseback riding group class is great way for kids to explore their interest without breaking the bank. Youngsters will get grasp the concepts of how to correctly and safely handle and navigate a horse or pony. This class is hands-on instruction in a saddle with bridle on a live horse or pony. Family or friends can help the beginner build confidence with assistance in grooming and leading the animal throughout the session. Portions of these topics are covered in each class:
- Horse psychology and communication.
- English versus western. How to choose and why.
- Discover your natural aids: legs, hands, hips/seat, torso, voice to balance and easily cue horse or pony
- Use your natural aids plus saddle & bridle to go forward, halt, back, turn left, turn right
- Halter, lead, groom, put on saddle & bridle. Adjust equipment to yourself and horse or pony.
- In arena, safely mount & dismount using a mounting block. Ride walk, trot/jog, canter/lope based on skill and safety.
- Learn to correct, natural cues for walk, trot/jog, canter/lope.
- Your lesson may include bareback, games, yoga exercises.
- Extra time to untack your horse or pony and give it a pleasant spray bath, weather appropriate.
- Clean and care for your riding equipment so it’s ready for the next use.
Submit your review