As you ride at North Road Farm, it is common to develop a special bond with a certain horse. This special bond is such that you wish to own a horse just like the special one – ideally without having to pay full price without full responsibility. Leasing your special horse is the best solution.
How does leasing a horse work? What does leasing include?
- $450 paid at beginning of each month.
- Priority use of horse for lessons, practice and trail rides.
- One weekly lesson and three practice or trail rides.
- Student rider must be approved by Jan Brubacher as independent, safe and correct handler and rider.
- Use and care of horse’s halter, bridle and saddle and related tack.
- Jumping of horse during lessons.
- Feed, board, veterinary, farrier and related care.
- A substitute horse if lease horse is unusable or unavailable.
What’s not included in a horse lease?
- Transportation to and coaching at horse shows, pace, beach, trail rides.
- Unused lessons and rides do not carry over to the next month or to another rider.
- Lease is not transferrable to another person.
- Other persons can not ride leased horse without permission.
- No jumping without supervision or permission.