1.5 Hour Private Lesson is based on the foundation of horseback riding concepts detailed in the Two Hour Introduction to Riding Lesson. You do not have to take this Two Hour lesson, however it is expected that you are comfortable with these foundation concepts. The 1 Hour Private Lesson will review and reinforce:
- Horse psychology and communication.
- English versus western. How to choose and why.
- Discover your natural aids: legs, hands, hips/seat, torso, voice to balance and easily cue horse or pony
- Use your natural aids plus saddle & bridle to go forward, halt, back, turn left, turn right
- Halter, lead, groom, put on saddle & bridle. Adjust equipment to yourself and horse or pony.
- In arena, safely mount & dismount using a mounting block. Ride walk, trot/jog, canter/lope based on skill and safety.
- Learn to correct, natural cues for walk, trot/jog, canter/lope.
- Your lesson may include bareback, games, yoga exercises.
- Extra time to untack your horse or pony and give it a pleasant spray bath, weather appropriate.
- Clean and care for your riding equipment so it’s ready for the next use.
Submit your review